A year ago today there were two people in very bad mental
shape. I was in severe depression. I had lost my wonderful wife of 30 years in
a flash, with no warning. I had heard about spouses dying shortly after the
other spouse passed but didn’t think much of that theory…until last year. I had
been on THE trip in motor home that was going to get me out of the frump. It
didn’t. It made it worse. I was in bad shape.
A Little Bird was going through her own hell. Working
non-stop and sad from worry and her own depression.
Two people in their own shells and own hell and no interest
in the outside world.
Something happened. Some force (Devine?) led to an
invitation to talk over a meal - for some forgotten reason across the RV table
and not the house. I think it was because I wanted to show her a motor home.
We parted, feeling a little better at having
someone who listened.
Time went by and we talked more and more. We fell in love. I worried
that I was disrespecting my beloved Daniรจle.
Little Bird helped that so much by always encouraging me to talk about her and
respecting her legacy... Today we still light a candle for her at any Catholic
church. Yet I worried. Many gave me great counsel but the one that summed it up
best was my bud Eddie Bo: “Steve, you don’t have much time left…get moving.”
So here we are a year later, married!
What a ride! Family and friends have supported us in this whirlwind that still goes on. Too much to see. Do it while we can.
24 June, “Spaghetti Night”, is a recurring annual holiday on
our calendar.
Robin’s Girls: I love your Mom so very much.
UPDATE: we had a great trip down I84 and I81. We stopped for the night HERE. Very nice new CG. Walking distance to the Shenandoah Caverns...next trip...gotta get to CLT and help Andi and David move. Now to cook the spaghetti.
UPDATE: we had a great trip down I84 and I81. We stopped for the night HERE. Very nice new CG. Walking distance to the Shenandoah Caverns...next trip...gotta get to CLT and help Andi and David move. Now to cook the spaghetti.
Love you guys!! Bis!! :)
ReplyDelete